Sunday, January 27, 2008

Lost....but better for it!




OK...so I got disoriented trying to find the Kellogg Underground Ramp entrance at 8AM yesterday morning...(Richard's fault since he chose to take a bus charter rather than come with me to skating :-))and I ended up right in front of Rice Park where I discovered "Oh ! Here is where they do those ice sculptures I see on TV"...so I pulled the car over to the curb, hopped out and snapped up some pics of the ice carver's hard at work.. and yes, they do use chain saws! It was amazing to see... and it was basically just me, the carvers and a couple of TV news channels in the park that early. In between skating sessions I decided to walk my way back over to the park to check them out more closely... and as you can see by the 2nd set of pics, it was completely a different scene...I felt as though I was back in Chicago with Ria! People, People, and MORE People crowding the park, complete with an outdoor musician trying to make a buck -- he didn't quite do as well as August Rush! I also found the Herb Brooks memorial...

No comments: