Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Speaking of Disneyworld....


Today would have been my Dad's 78th birthday. Were I closer to home, I'd be going out for Lemon Meringue Pie, his favorite, with my Mom, Sis and Bro to honor his birthday. I would skip the pancakes smeared with peanut butter and then lathered with maple syrup that he used to eat though! Was thinking the other day of how the twins are going to turn 9 this year and remembering his tradition to take his G-kids to Disneyworld when they turned "9". Realizing how much fun that would have been for him to do and certainly wishing that could have been reality.... I bet he would have still gone on the rides with them :-)

2 comments:

gmab said...

This was the first year I didnt have lemon pie. Did you bake this one. Looked very tempting even without graham cracker crust.

G'ma S said...

Ha! I KNEW you would catch that...I was busy looking online for pictures of the pie and when I found this one I realized it didn't have graham cracker crust and thought outloud that my mom will see this one if different than the ones she used to make him....lol....we'll have to take you out for a slice next time we're home...or better yet, come down this way and we'll take you to Baker's Square where they have the best pies ever!