Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Speaking of that....


In a second marriage most times you have no idea how the person you've married parents. Since Richard never really had a chance to be a hands-on parent, it's been interesting to observe him "parent" Miss Hazel. To put it mildly, she has him eating right out of her paw...it's a cake-walk for her....that's why last night I signed her up for puppy kindergarten. Last fall I remember him telling me that Hazel only likes "bottled water" now... what??? As usual, my response was a half listening "yeah, whatever" as I continued to give her tap water. Then a few wks back on a mild Saturday, we were hurriedly cleaning the garage so both cars could go in before the sub-zero's hit and I ran back inside to see this... Hazel carrying a mini-bottle of water around and whimpering for some....he had bought them for her and stored them in the garage so they were "chilled". unbelievable... he still was giving her bottled water and she recognized the bottle...even more unbelievable, he now tells me she likes it with crushed ice in her little bowl.... and all's I get on a Saturday is a bagel in a plastic bag????

1 comment:

gmab said...

So Hazel likes ice water. Its not so unusual as my friend has a Palm and he has whole ice cubes in his water dish. She even goes and buys a lge bag of cubes. Do you think spoiled or what.